Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Maybe you can hire....the A-Team





If you have a problem and no one can solve it and if you can find them, maybe you can hire......the A-team.

That was the premise of the 80s show A-Team and like all good Hollywood producers, they decided to take a perfectly great TV show from the past and turn it into......a throughly enjoyable movie on the silver screen. It was a good movie. My only problem was to see a very serious Liam Neeson take on the role from a very jovial and cheeky George Peppard. Also in my humble opinion, BA Baracus can only be played by Mr. T. Jessica Biel was a nice touch though not really necessary and the other 2 characters were ok.

However, they managed to keep the spirit of the show which was humourous, clever and had good excitement. There were some good moments and Murdock character was true to its crazy self. Dirk Benedict as "Face" would always be the right type cast but this new guy (whatever his name is) was not too bad.

I was very skeptical about this movie especially having a very childhood defining moment with the TV show and I didn't want any 2-bit, slap on movie production to kill it. However, it was the school holidays and I didn't know which show to watch. Of all that was available that we hadn't watch yet, this was best available.

But we were pleasantly surprised. My kids who have never heard of this TV show were impressed with it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then again when u have a late puberty spouting 13 year old and a dreamer of a 9 year old, you don't expect record breaking thoughts from them.

Still it was well worth the time. I won't give much away but the whole works were there. The "I love it when a plan comes together" and "I pity the fool". It also explains BA's fear of flying and how they got out of prison and were on the run. It was quite clever the way it was stitched together. Also like in the TV show, no one gets killed. That part, I never understood. Maybe censors in the 80s can't see blood. All the same, make a bee line for it and have a good time watching the A-Team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kan? I loved the "you spin me round round baby right round" on the chopper and the "I'm worried!!" scenes... LOL! Have to say I enjoyed all the tightly-choreographed action sequences except for the one at the docks, which felt too much like a videogame on speed. And not even one with very good graphics, at that.

Loving the new layout!
Piu Ku Cheh