Friday, April 18, 2008

I can order Chinese food - Vote for me!

Being an Indian was quite exciting and wierd to say the least, the last 18 months. We were always marginalized, like how they refer to us as "kelings"(even "mamak" is considered deragatory), how we are always the last to get picked for anything (govt funds, school activities, astronaut program but first in line for LLN and plantation jobs....no wonder we drink!), how those poor Indians who can't speak Chinese are always ordering the same dishes in Chinese restaurants. You know what I mean. You walk into a Chinese restaurant and if you see an Indian family sitting down to dinner, they will ALWAYS have the sames dishes....Fried Rice, Egg Foo-Yong and Sweet Sour Pork. They may get lucky and order something good once in a while. I know I am generalizing but I don't care. It's the same Indian folks who eat soupy noodles with a fork!!! Now you Chinese don't get too cocky. You are the same bunch of goobers who eat banana leaf rice or roti canai with fork n spoon! After 50 fricking years, we still can't get the damn thing right. Though I must say, more of the younger generation are getting more assimilated. Good for you! I know the chopstick is a funny invention but learn it man....its fun #$%&^

Anyway, despite some of the crazy things that are happening, we did get some excitement too. For one thing, the Hindraf guys got Thaipusam as a holiday for the folks working in KL. All dat hullabaloo also got Samy booted out. Which makes me wonder that we may actually have a good chance of getting the USD1Mil that Hindraf are suing the British Govt on behalf of every Indian. I ain't gonna repeat the story, read my earlier blog. Which brings me to my point and that is, the Indian community needs a leader. A leader with real hair, not just planted ones.

There isn't one right now and it seems that we have placed our hopes on the opposition (PR) to do it for us. The good news is that PR is advocating for a unified Malaysia regardless of race. The bad news is, will it ever come to fruition? Everyone seems to be pining their hopes on Anwar or his wife as the next Prime Minister to get this going. Let's face it, Anwar was the result of the old UMNO system and he was the one who started all these corruption shit! Don't forget he did applaud the courts decision on Lina Joy. PKR who initially attacked the govt policy deemed to marginalize Mandarin n Tamil schools, did not say anything about in their election manifesto.

So I think it is time I throw my hat into the ring, which brings me to rethink that statement....Malaysians don't wear hats. So, I nominate myself to be the leader of the Indian community. Indians, stand up and vote for a change in the status quo. You don't need a leader who is a politician or speaks the language or a rich person or even a person who is famous. You need a leader who cares, who understands the issues and who is on the ground (especially after a night of partying). I am all that and more. I will pin for more Indian movies in the cinema, movies where you can get shot in one city and die all the way to another...singing a few songs on the way. I will not forget the thunder, lightning and rain to accompany the dying hero. I will call for an abolishment of calling us Keling or Mamak. We will known as Mocha Choco. That's Choco (CHALK-co) not Coco. Coco is a name of pet, you ignorant ingrate.

But most of all, and I will use this value to the fullest, I can order EXCELLENT Chinese food!

No comments: