Monday, December 22, 2008

On to Vista!!

Hidey Ho readers! Merry Xmas folks, for those waiting in anticipation of my favourite holiday. Happy holidays for those just getting an extra day off. Shortly after my last entry, my PC was attacked by something which took over the browser and then didn't allow me to boot the PC. Worst, I can't even use the Windows XP CD to re-format and boot my PC (my Windows XP is original ok?). So I had to do the dreaded thing!

Which was to install Vista on PC. Let me sum up all my years of reading English, listening to others and all the education I have gotten into 3 word to describe the Vista upgrade experience. That is "It was cool!". By the way, my Vista was original too. The perks of STILL having friends in Microsoft.

The whole experience took very little time (bear in mind this is Microsoft Windows we are talking about, so little time may still be longer than a Mac) and there was very little intervention from the user. I am still tweaking the pictures and settings and all the other stuff for my PC and it has been a pretty darn good experience. At this moment (only 2 days since installation), I am really savouring Vista.

Though my comment would be, that it looks a lot like a Mac OS. I don't know who copied who and since I am no longer in Microsoft, I neither care nor wanna know. However, I would recommend Vista (unless something tragic happens to my PC) highly if for just the speed and the look n feel. However, all good things come with a price.

The price is a high RAM configuration. I am using the Vista Ultimate and I bumped up my RAM to 4GB. If you don't want to move it up, there are other versions you can choose from, which I am not going into details. It's also best to have a good CPU speed.

For a while now, I have been steadily building my interest and liking for the Mac. The Mac Book and Air Mac is really something extraordinary. It's really a good toss up between these Vista and OS X. To me, either is just as good. Vista will have LOTS of problems with virus, worms, bacteria, antigens, etc. OS X will have to get more apps on it.

So all said and done, have fun with your PC, whichever you choose. If you kids don't have a PC or Mac, this is the best time to get them one. Happy surfing and Merry Xmas!!

No comments: