Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 6 - Sanctuary! Shop! Real home food!


Let me brief on where we were going to go. First it was off to some animal sanctuary, then shopping at a mall and finally to Flinders where we sample some real wind chill but we were able to sample meal that was cooked like home. So it was all good.




Why another animal sanctuary you ask? Well, it seems we can't enough of kangaroos and evil winged spawn of satan. However, this sanctuary was the only one in Southern Australia that had a platypus. Amazingly even Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's zoo) didn't have one. So that was cool. For those of you who don't read or don't have kids who like animals, platypus is a real freak of nature. It looks as if when God made the platypus, he was either drunk or high on some psychedelic drug.



It's animal that looks like a beaver but has a bill of a duck. It has webbed feet, lays eggs but is a mammal. Go figure! Lives in the water but breathes air. Needless to say we can't take flash photography else we may blind this poor creature. So we drove across the vast plain of the Australian outskirt for this baby! There was also an animal hospital which was really cool.






After that, in a thunderstorm we drove back to the city and stopped by a shopping mall. Notice I say "a" mall and "a" sanctuary as I can't remember the names. The mall was like any mall but since it's Australia, it was just bigger.

At night we drove to St. Kilda which was by the harbour and found a Malaysian restaurant that was run by a lady from Taman Megah! That is like 3 mins drive from home. So it's like eating at home. The food was a lot better than that we had the previous day. Mandy has fishball noodle soup, Mike had prawn mee, Melissa tried the Hokkien mee and I had beef noodle. It was not too bad but by Oz standard and after almost retching seeing another plate full of fries, it was near heaven.





I didn't take too many pics and I don't remember much happened this day except ducking as a large eagle vulture the size of a B-52 flew by and created a sandstorm at the sanctuary. I do remember watching a nurse treat a sick echidna and buying mini speakers for my daughter and using my iPhone to test it but instead of playing Def Leppard or Journey or even Bryan Adams, I used Westlife. The sales girls thought it was cute that I have songs my daughter likes on my phone. So alls well ends well.

Pls excuse me, N'Sync and Backstreet Boys are on MTV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aisay, BSB and N'Sync are from my era (yours would be Duran2! :P)i.e. sudah outdated liao... Most tween girls nowadays are going nuts for Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, David Archuleta, etc etc.

~KSY~