Monday, May 10, 2010

Iron Man - SLAM DUNK!


You would think that a sequel is boring as we have seen it. What could be new? I mean it's a guy in a tin can playing super hero. Come on! So he made the tin can fly with some absolutely impossible boosters to the boots and some torch light on the palm and some reading lights on his chest. That is supposed to be impressive?

OF COURSE IT IS!!

If you are not impressed, you are either not a guy or someone from the opposite sex. The weapons get cooler. The villain was just as impressive. Mickey Rouke was a very intimidating figure and I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley....heck I don't wanna meet him period! His whip thingy was kinda cool though the whole drone thing was kinda the same as the part 1. I won't mention too much for fear of revealing too much and spoil the fun for you.

Needless to say, Tony Stark has my dream life. Actually more of the success, company, cars, house and stuff. Not the playboy life (that was for the benefit of my wife) and I definitely want my kids. Other than that, that's the life I dream of. Robert Downey is an excellent Tony Stark and he is just growing up so nicely as an actor that he is fast becoming my top 10 favourites.

There was a little of everything and a lot of things BLOWING up! There was a little shyness in Tony Stark and some love sparks while we so Scarlett Johansson kick some serious ass. Also good ol' Tony gets a side kick. And the actor playing Rhody is much better this time around. I would definitely recommend this. It is a true guy movie and even the ladies will like how Tony Stark flaunts his charm. I must warn you that there are some technical stuff being explained which you may want to check on it's validity.

THAT WAS A TRICK STATEMENT! If you really did check, you are either a certified geek or just have WAAAYYYY too much time on your hands. My Chindian sentiment is "WHO CARES!". If the movie is this cool, you can live with some technical untruth. So, go and enjoy. Though if you have not seen the first part and don't know about comics, you may want to check up on Iron Man comics or Avengers or just Google it to get a crash course.

I will be at the hardware shop building a suit made out of aluminium tin cans.





No comments: