Saturday, April 3, 2010

White Noise in a band

A blast from the past....Couple of days ago, I got some old photos from my days in college from one of my friends. It was a photo of a time when we performed in a band!! That's rite the ol aerodynamic one performed in a band. If you haven't performed in a band and in public, let me just say that it is one of the most memorable events you would ever do. I believe everyone should at least have a go but if will be a heck lot more memorable if you were good. Also nothing beats performing on stage and in public. But only if no one is throwing beer bottles at you!

Check these photos for days of yore. Just one question....one the heck is "yore"??

Our band was named "White Noise". We made some noise initially but we managed to get ourselves opening for Zainal Abidin. That's right...the "Hijau" guy. We met Sheila Majid and we sang "La Bamba" on stage. How cool is that!!! It's also the day I first met my wife. It was love at first sight.

The second year, we sang "Winds of Change" by Scorpion, "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits, "Wonderful Tonight" Eric Clapton, "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR and "Manis" by Zainal Abidin. It was SOOOOO Cool!!! I a lot of phone numbers that night (just my luck that I met my wife too...DAMN!).



Oh, we did do a banggara as well. Got costumes and all and it was really cool! You know what is even more cool? WHEN YOUR SARONG IS NOT FALLING DOWN!!!!

No comments: