Saturday, November 1, 2008

Baby, Baby oh Baby, Baby

It has been the dream of the human race to retire early and enjoy our millions in a casual, carefree manner where we will sail the deep blue Mediterranean or Adriatic Seas from our summer homes in Monte Carlo, Monaco or the Greek Isles. Where aboard our sail boat or cruiser, we will sip champagne, served hand and foot with food that we can't pronounce so that we can turn to our spouse and shout like Sungai Way market peddlers "Ni ko mat yeh lei kah??". That's Cantonese for "What is thisthingy here?". Well recently, my dream seems to be taking a blurry shape. Blurry but there is definite shape. You see my 7-year old darling daughter wrote a song!!

Amanda or Mandy has always been very attracted to music. She picks up songs very quickly and even follows dance steps quite well. As young as 2, she will pick up Chinese opera songs since my mom used to watch them at home. The she will make us sit by the bed while she holds a "concert". She will then come over to shake our hands as singers do in a concert!

She can't really hold a tune yet and I intend to help her with it, if there is talent. However, she astounded me when she sheepishly showed me a sheet a paper (which I intend to frame up) with words to her song. Her very first song! Seeing that my son, Mikey has not shown any major improvement in sports, Mandy is my last home of a rich millionaire child supporting my dream. I will put her song here and it is copyrighted (trust me, 3 of my cousins are lawyers...you don't wanna mess with that!!). When you hear it on air one day, just remember, it was from my girl and you saw it here first.

"Baby, my Baby. Where are you? I need to find you,
Oh yes, I need to find you
Hoooo, so, I got to find you and you must find me
Oh I got to find you.....Oh Baby, Oh Baby, baby.
Where are you? ya..ya..ya...yayaya
So baby where are you baby, where are you?
Oh Baby stop hiding and come out
Ya...Ya...Ohhh.....ohhh"

Is this a hit in the making or what??!!?!? Or am I just a super proud and deranged dad?? I think she wrote it to the tune of Abba's "Honey Honey". When my children were born, I told myself that I will ground myself and not go overboard over the things they do...good or bad. In this case, I just can't seem to help myself.

Well, you can laugh but when I am on my yatch or sail boat being serve champagne and whatnot, I will remember you and send you a case of "Ni Ko Mat Yeh Lei Kah???".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear alwyn,

i do see talent in your daughter, i have always seen it in her, pls do not forget that you can always call on me to record the drum parts for this song and all the other songs that she will sing in future, i will also gladly offer her my services as her own touring drummer for FREE.

Alwyn said...

As a manager, I will take you up on dat!