Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holy Week and a rather relaxing weekend

Its the Holy Week for Catholics which is the week that Christ entered into Jerusalem (on Palm Sunday) and crucified on Good Friday and rose on Easter Sunday. We normally go to church on Easter Vigil on Saturday but decided that we would wake up earlier than usual on a Sunday to attend Easter Sunday mass instead. So what does a Chindian normally do on weekends or on Holy Week?

Easter to me, is the most important and sacred of Christian celebrations. It is the ultimate show of unwavering and unselfish love for another human being. It is also the beginning of a new journey with God and his Son.

The season of Lent (40 days before Easter) is a time of reflection, penance and finding a way back to God. I, on the other hand, normally just sleep more and resolving to irritating people less during Lent. I try not to indulge in my occasional alcohol nights with my friends and business partners. I do also TRY to eat less and exercise more. More importantly, I do resolve to be more patient with my family and my colleagues.

The second part is difficult since I do have colleagues who have not evolved from the Neanderthal stage of evolution. The have less brain power than a grapefruit and even less EQ than a Gestapo agent. There are those who like to brandish politics around but do not have the skills or intelligence to follow through to ensure a total meeting of your goals.

They start to want something and then create all the political subtleties of a Silverback Gorilla during mating season, to get rid of those in front of the pecking order; letting others know what they are up to.

So its a week for me to calm down, not overreact, focus on my job and just chillin' with God. Unfortunately, I haven't done much chillin' but I have been a model of restraint. So what does one do during Easter weekend?

For me, I took my kids to school (replacement for holidays), had nasi lemak for breakfast watching "Naruto" on DVD. Then send my son and nephews for badminton lessons and had lunch at Sugimoto's at Sri Hartamas. They have one of the best set lunches where you can choose 3 items from a list of 30+ for your lunch bento. You can choose from sashimi, sushi, teriyaki, scallops, tempura, unagi, etc.

Then its back home to sleep a while and then off to dinner at Fatty Crab. My kids spent time at my cousin KLY's place with their cousins playing PS2 and Wii. We went to a place call de Foodland where they have 40 ways to cook crab but after deciding what we want, we were told, that they were out of crab!!!! A place specializing in crab was out of it by 9pm....what a load of crap!!!!

So we headed back to Fatty Crab at Taman Megah and ordered the usual for us, which was Hot and Sour Crab, fried rice, chicken wings and toasted bread. I haven't been here in a while because the last time (some months back) we were there, they served us small crabs that were not fresh.

We had bigger crabs this time and they were fresh and sweet. The chicken wing was marinated well and was its usual standards. Fried rice was immaterial once you douse it with the hot and sour sauce. Then you only taste the sauce on the rice.

I think I may had too much of it though as I have this sudden urge to hang out at the ceramic throne...if you know what I mean. If you stick around, I will tell you how it went.

No comments: