Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 2011 and I killed a snail!

This is my first post for 2011. I was so tied up with work and also the most favourite holiday and time of the year for me....CHRISTMAS! So to my reading crowd, I apologize for the long absence. The year ended very well work wise and personal wise. We had a family holiday to Guangzhou, PunYi, Hong Kong and Macau. More of that in later posts.

Every year, I get plenty stressed over buying Christmas presents. I can get grumpy, irritated and a little anxious. Then on Christmas Day, when the presents are opened, you know it's all worth it. This year, I got my girl toys which wasn't that big a deal but she loved it...My son, asked for a bike and I didn't realize how expensive bikes got.

I could have gotten those from the hypermarket or some shop in a small suburb but you know those are just going to break down after a while and it will hurt your ass! The bike I wanted to buy him should have gears, is light, won't hurt your ass so much but not needed to take down the Himalayas or sprout wings and fly to the mesosphere!

When I visited some of the bicycle shops, they had bikes ranging from 1,200 to 30,000!!! I am not sure what those bike can do, maybe give you mouth to mouth resuscitation when you are gasping for air after flying through the mesosphere!! I am not sure but I think this bike CAN hear confession and perform last rites.

So we hunted a while and got the bike we wanted but still expensive.

Anyway, that was as exciting Christmas shopping was going to get. I tried a new caterer this year and the food was GREAT! You should check out this restaurant called Vary Pasta in Damansara Jaya. More on that later.

So how did I celebrate the passing of 2010 and the welcoming of 2011? I spent it with my family as well as a few very good friends on top of a hill in Shah Alam. My good friend Siaw Kng stays in a golf resort compound called KGSAAS and is on a hill. His place is a vantage point for 4 locations in KL and PJ for New Year fireworks. So that night I enjoyed fireworks from KLCC, Sunway, Ikana and 1U. There was an unidentified location but what the heck!

It was a great neighbourhood where all came out to the streets to enjoy the party and each other's company. It was great!! I think I should get a place there. The houses are those new contemporary houses without fences. And as the clock ticked 12, I leaned over to my family to hug and kiss them. Before that happened, I step on and killed a garden snail! So that was my first deed for 2011! Anyway, I wish that 2011 would be a fantastic year in terms of health, wealth and happiness!!

Happy New Year!

No comments: