Friday, January 28, 2011

Vary Pasta - Affordable and Delectable!!

My wife and I don't share many things in common. In fact, if you wanna know what I don't like, you only need to see what she likes and vice versa. However, we do share some interest like our children....we are in the same mind where we will go everywhere with them. But that's another story. We are also very keen food tasters. We are can be adventurous when it comes to checking out food at far off restaurants and different ethnic cuisine. I should write more about the food I taste.

One of our common love is pasta. We only love olive oil pasta. I can take in a cabonara once in a while but no tomato pls. We both love capellini or angel hair and spagetti. Nothing else! And our most loved olive oil pasta place is Dave's at 1Utama. This is not the forum for it. For many years we have been looking for a place that is nearer and provided easier access than a mall.

Recently we found out this quaint place run by a husband and wife team called Vary Pasta. The place is small, tucked in the corner opposite Atria's KFC corner. It doesn't offer much frills but the pasta is great!

Another love of mine, is pork! I take anything pork. I don't eat fish because they can't put pork in it!! But this place has some really good pasta with pork, pork sausages and pork salad.

If you like garlic like me, my favourite is their garlic and herb pasta. You can take it plain (RM9.50) or with grilled chicken, lamb chop and park chop. They are all equally well done and marinated to my absolute liking.

They have other dishes like mixed grill (which is very normal) and sausages (which is not too bad). Pork knuckle was ok though I wouldn't really recommend it. They also do catering and I used them for our Christmas party where the were very accommodating and even customized the menu for us. There was hardly any food left, even the tomato based pasta. So check it out and write me to tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

I wanted to post some photos but I found lost of it on the internet. Just google it and it will show up.

No comments: