Monday, October 27, 2008

Pakistan in amateur photo

I thought I should show some photos of Lahore, Pakistan. It shows a country that has potential but has very serious infrastructure issues. People who are friendly and rustic but misunderstood. There are more photos on my Live! spaces at http://alwynmagic.spaces.live.com. Here are some to whet your appetite. Enjoy!

Just leaving Alla Iqbal International Airport, Lahore just before the sand storm.

Me standing in front of Pearl Continental, our 5-star hotel.

Life going by in Lahore streets where men trade their wares.

You can't say they don't have colour! That's a bus.

Here is another utilizing all space.

I don't know why I find a donkey-pulling cart so fascinating but just didn't expect to see this in a 8 million population city.

Entrance to the old fort in the old city. The entrance was made for elephants to go through.

The pillars of the king's courtyard is pure marble.

Red Mosque at night

Buying carpets from the roadside with my Pakistani colleague and Nenci.

Dinner at one of my favourite restaurants. Pity i forgot the name.

It's the buffet line AND kitchen with no ventilation!

No comments: