Sunday, June 12, 2011

There is no price for awesomeness or attractiveness!!

I can really relate to the movie for 2 reasons.
1.It is really, really funny!!
2.For some reason I remind people of Po both is size and character

It doesn't try to make it like any other improbable kung fu movies, where exponents will be doing gravity defying moves without human fear and doubt. At the same time it does include just the right amount for it to be funny. Jack Black, to me is an enigma. His comedy can be entertaining and timely.....when you don't see him. I can't enjoy his movies like Gulliver's Travel or Tropic Thunder. But here his personality (or voice) suits the Po, his still insecurity, reliving childhood dreams with his heroes and just being his all round clumsy self.

There are new characters added, like Gary Oldman who made the villain deliciously....err...villainy. The soothsayer was voiced by my personal favourite celeb, our very own Dato Michelle Yeoh. She has a peculiarity which is not noticed by many. She (the soothsayer goat not Michelle) keeps eating the silk robe of the villain. She does it because she is a goat. Did you know Jean Claude Van Damme voiced Master Croc? He probably had 3 lines and I didn't even notice how he delivered it as with Jackie Chan's Monkey. Hmmmm....that was a weird sentence.

As with all sequels, the element of surprise is not there but I wouldn't have missed this for the world. I still laughed and guffawed to my heart's content. There was a scene towards the end where Po and Shen attempted a conversation when Po was on a roof that just cracked me up. You just have to see it.

At any rate, this is a very enjoyable movie which I totally just enjoyed. Fun for the whole family and truly there is no price on awesomeness!!!

No comments: